Thursday, November 5, 2009

Moments

moment |ˈmōmənt|nouna very brief period of time she was silent for a moment before replying.• an exact point in time she would always remember the moment they met.• an appropriate time for doing something; an opportunity I was waiting for the right moment.

A loving look, a little smile, a moment.   A very brief period of time, gone in an instant.  There to be observed then remembered and cherished.   It is really special to actually capture one of these moments with my camera.  More often than not, these moments are few and far between.   Not with this family.  Our whole hour-long session was filled with these moments.   It was so easy to tell how much they loved each other and witnessing it was a joy.
Now as a photographer, I have always aspired to take pictures with emotion - emotion you can really feel just by looking at the picture.  I truly believe I captured some of those moments with this family.   And though through a photographer's eyes there may be aspects that are not "technically" correct, I believe the emotion is spot-on.  I'm not one to gush (as you can tell by my previous blog posts :)), but this time is different.   I was inspired by this family and now have a passion, more than ever before, to capture these moments for others to cherish.........
These are just a few of my favorites.










No comments:

Post a Comment