Tuesday, November 17, 2009

One of my Favorites


favorite |ˈfāv(ə)rət| (Brit. favourite)
adjective [ attrib. ]held in special regard; best liked; preferred
Every time I finish photographing a family I say, "I love them!  This family is my favorite."  
As a mother of only one child, I've never had to worry about playing favorites or being partial to one child over another.  But then along came my photography "children" -  these families that I spend time with and get a tiny glimpse of what life is like being with them.  Being a family.  I realized that I can have many favorites for many different reasons.   Some families are just downright fun to be around.   Others suck you in with all the love they have for each other.  And then there are those that you just love for some reason that you can't quite put your finger on.Last week I got to spend an afternoon with this family.   A mother and her four daughters, with a son on the way.   I love them.  They are my favorite (well, one of them).  :)  Why?  Maybe it was the way you could see how much the girls loved their mom.  Or maybe it was the way she looked at them.  I'm not sure.  I just know that they are now one of my favorites.






No comments:

Post a Comment